8.26.2012

HCD: Mood Board - The Vijay Iyer Trio

The idea of a mood board is completely new to me. Finding inspiration is always a process I go through before starting a project but it never occurred to me to actually show case those inspiration onto a canvas in this way. It seemed a bit "scrapbookish" to me but it was actually helpful to see all these idea laid out like this. I will probably refer back to my mood board a lot during this project.


The Vijay Iyer Trio is a band based in New York. Iyers has been described as one the most important pianist of today so alone his music is already powerful but when couple with bassist Stephan Crump and drummer Marcus Gilmore their music reaches another level. From my research there are so many words to describe the feel of this band but here are a few..

  • Urban
  • Busy
  • Mathematical
  • Mature
  • Hip-Hop
  • Dark
  • gritty
  • Innovative
  • eclectic
  • Interspersed
  • and of course the most cliche word in jazz avant-garde

No comments:

Post a Comment