4.29.2013

Type 4 reflections

We all had pretty good projects this semester and its about that time we talk about what we learn from some of our classmates projects.

Quinn

This one is one of my favorite of the semester. Typography is something that I didn't grow with but in a way it was always around me. So teaching children typography seemed so interesting. The methods she used to simplify typographic rules enough for kids to understand. I would like a copy to give my kid niece.

Taylor

As you may know since I was a transfer I missed out on Type 1 and 2. One big lesson I messed is hierarchy in typography(but I think I've caught up on my own) and Taylor was able to achieve great hierarchy thru optical illusions which was really interesting. It could be a method all of us may use in the future.

Sam 

Other that making cool textures for type Sams project was really a social experiment. By handing out these foam letter for others to distress he really changed the direction of the project. I was interesting to see how different every letter was it almost reflects the person that made it.

In the end everyone had some pretty cool projects and overall it was an interesting semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment