10.02.2013

DS: moodboard + sketches

Moodboard

My moodboard are set at 3 different groups to help organized my inspiration to clearly show 3 different possible directions.



Sketches

My sketches are all over the place I've been playing with type a lot but type is easier than coming with a brandmark. I was something a bit more abstract than a piece of bread or some wheat grains. A few ideas that came up were sun figure, they have a heavy connection to the mexican culture and can also be a play on "big". I  messed with a calavera image for one it depicts a skull with a wide open mouth ready to eat something large like panzote's bread. I also sketched a mexican terracotta oven but It feels weak at the moment but maybe I could play with it more. The rest of the stuff is just playing with common mexican imagery like patterns and ornamental linework.




No comments:

Post a Comment